Water Damage Restoration
Step 1: Initial Inspection and Damage Assessment
Polished Restoration’s certified mold professionals assess the damaged area and determine the proper equipment required to resolve the issue. We ensure our customers receive the most cost effective recommendation.
Step 2: Water Removal and Extraction
Polished restoration’s certified mold professionals utilize portable commercial equipment to completely remove the excess water from the affected building.
Step 3: Apply Anti-Microbial
Polished Restoration’s certified mold professionals apply an EPA-registered anti-microbial substance to all affected areal throughout the structure to prevent future mold growth.
Step 4: Drying and Dehumidification
Polished Restoration’s certified mold professionals utilize a rapid drying fan evaporation process with portable commercial grade dehumidification and various other drying equipment to safely, thoroughly and economically dry out affected spaces.
Step 5: Monitoring
Polished Restoration’s certified mold professionals intensively monitor the drying and decontamination process, using moisture content reading technology that accurately measure changes to the water damaged areas and materials.
What To Do
In the event of water damage, do the following:
- Try to remain calm! Call Polished Restoration
- If possible turn off the water source. This will help contain the damage.
- Turn off the breaker in the damaged area before you unplug or remove any electrical devices located on the wet carpet or simply leave the affected area and call Polished Restoration and a Plumber
- Place aluminum foil or Plastic wrap under the legs of any furniture that is in contact with wet carpet. This might help prevent furniture stains on your carpet.
- Lift draperies, furniture skirting, and any low hanging materials away from the wet carpet/floor.
- Remove any Items, which may stain wet carpet such as books, newspapers, or anything that will bleed color or ink.
Do not attempt the following:
- Don’t use your vacuum, since electrical shock may result, as well as damage to the equipment itself.
- Don’t place newspaper in traffic areas to walk on, since newspaper ink transfers easily to the wet carpet fibers and may result in permanent stains.
- Don’t walk on carpet any more than necessary. This will keep the damage from spreading to unaffected areas.
Polished Restoration Flood Water Damage Restoration
Many structures experience water damage to varying degrees. Oftentimes water damages are caused by plumbing failure. When water damage occurs, it is important to contact a company that is certified, well trained, and has the professional grade equipment to completely dry your home as quickly as possible.
Water damage is progressive and exponential. Items that could be restored within the first 48 hours of the water damage may not be restorable if the emergency response is delayed. Although you might be tempted to use a shop vacuum or call a company that only has equipment to dry carpet, you should consider that water will wick up walls and travel under base molding and sill plates. It will penetrate through floor coverings into sub-floors, even causing water damage in rooms below.
In addition, if humidity inside the structure is not controlled, items that were not damaged from the original water damage could be damaged as a result of absorbing moisture from the air. Structures that are not dried out quickly and properly can become a food source for mold growth.
Polished Restoration’s technicians are trained on current procedures, such as structural drying to dry your entire structure as quickly as possible, using state-of-the-art equipment and technology. Infrared cameras and moisture meters are used to locate moisture that may not be visible or may be hidden behind walls or cabinets, so that our Service Professionals can ensure that all wet materials are dry. Because we understand how important it is to react quickly in the unfortunate event of water damage, you can rely on Polished Restoration’s Mold Removal to provide emergency response and quick professional service.